The consultation on reducing CO2 emissions from vehicles looks daunting, but actually it's all multiple-choice questions. However it's really important to get as many people as possible saying how important it is to bring emissions down to counteract the lobbying efforts from VW and other car makers.
You can dive straight in and make your submission, or follow this step-by-step guide.
- Go to the consultation website
- Scroll down to section A, 'General information about you'
- Enter your name and email address (this is compulsory)
- Say whether you're responding as an individual or as an organisation (also compulsory, and most likely you'll be responding as an individual)
- Select your country (optional)
- Decide whether you'd like your name and/or response made public (compulsory)
- Click next to go to the first question
- If you only want to answer one question, this is the one. We'd recommend clicking 'entirely agree' to the question "Setting greenhouse emission standards for road vehicles is an important aspect of EU action to reduce such emissions"
- If that's all you want to do, click 'next' to move through the next four pages, and then click 'submit'. Or you can answer the rest of the questions