For the African Voices tour, three West African fishermen came to the UK to reveal the harsh reality behind our hunger for fish: while their communities rely on the seas for vital protein, our industrial-sized European fishing fleets are pillaging their waters, leaving little fish to make a living from - let alone feed their families.
For the UK leg our intrepid trio of fisherfolk leaders - Issa, Celestino and Abdou - took their stories to the Houses of Parliament, Billingsgate Fish Market, Selfridges' Project Ocean, plus met fellow small scale fishermen in Newlyn, Cornwall.
Watch our video above to follow the three's journey and hear the shocking truth behind Europe's incessant over fishing.
- Fish is a security issue: what's on your plate?
- African Voices tour diary: fishermen bring their mission to the UK
- What's happening in West Africa? An African Voices video
- African Voices slideshow: local fishing communities under threat
- Guest blog: Britain's Secret Seas - by Frank Pope
- African fishermen tell EU fleets: Stop stealing our fish!