Greenpeace needs your help to win our campaigns. This weekend I’d like to invite you to protest with us. If you’ve never done anything like this before then now is the time to start. Join hundreds of other Greenpeace supporters peacefully and legally protesting at local Shell petrol stations and stand up for the planet.
You can find your nearest protest on the Getactive website, and you can find your local group / network of Greenpeace supporters by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
If you’ve never taken part in an event like this, then don’t worry. This is a safe, easy and legal way to get involved in Greenpeace campaigning. We won’t be asking you to chain yourself to anything, simply to spend a couple of hours protesting – holding banners and placards, handing out leaflets and talking to passers-by. There will be experienced volunteers to answer questions, and they are a friendly bunch who care about the same sort of things you do.
So far there are protests organised at Shell petrol stations in;
- Berkshire (Reading)
- Berkshire (Wokingham)
- Birmingham (Stourbridge)
- Cornwall (Truro)
- Dorset (Christchurch)
- Dorset (Dorchester)
- Edinburgh - 3 locations
- Hampshire (Southampton) - 2 locations
- Hertfordshire (St.Albans)
- Hertfordshire (Watford)
- Kent (Medway)
- Lancashire (Preston)
- London (Croydon)
- London (Kingston)*
- London (Bayswater)
- London (Chelsea)
- London (Old Brompton)
- London (Holloway Rd)
- London (Southwark)
- London (Twickenham - Richmond Road)*
- London (Twickenham - Staines Road)*
- London (Stratford / Old Ford)
- London (Clapton)
- Merseyside (Liverpool)
- Newcastle - 2 locations
- Norfolk (Norwich)
- Oxfordshire (Headington)
- South Yorkshire (Barnsley)** - 4 locations
- South Yorkshire (Sheffield)** - 3-4 locations
- South Yorkshire (Doncaster)**
- Surrey (East Moseley)*
- Surrey (Egham)
- Surrey (Leatherhead)
- Sussex (Brighton & Hove)
- Sussex (Hastings)
- Wiltshire (Amesbury)
- Wiltshire (Salisbury)
* Greenpeace volunteers and supporters in London are planning a cycle tour of Shell petrol stations, protesting on the way, following the Olympic cycle route - approximately. They will then be heading into central London to protest at a few more petrol stations before heading to the park for a picnic (weather dependant), or the pub.
** Greenpeace volunteers and supporters in South Yorkshire are planning an ambitious series of 8+ protests in Sheffield, Barnsley and Doncaster over the weekend.
Finally if there isn't a Shell protest near you, then please contact your local coordinator and offer to help organise one. You can find your nearest Greenpeace group / network in the big list at the bottom of the Get Active pages.
Or if their isn't a Greenpeace group / network near you then please write a letter to the local newspaper about what you think of Shell's plans to drill in the Arctic this summer.
Wherever you are, whatever you do, we need your help so please get involved.