As part of the wider Greenpeace movement, our work is dedicated to tackling the climate emergency and defending our world’s rich biodiversity.
We do this by:
- funding innovative scientific research on the impact of human activities on our planet
- supporting pioneering investigations, gathering evidence to shine a light on environmental destruction
- backing educational programmes which promote better understanding of environmental issues and solutions
We contribute to many significant projects around the world in a number of critical areas.
There are two Greenpeace organisations in the UK which are both part of the same global movement. The Greenpeace Environmental Trust is a registered charity (no. 284934) which expands public understanding of the environment, commissions scientific research and helps deliver environmental projects around the world.
Greenpeace Ltd (company number 1636817) is the one most people know about which runs campaigns and exposes environmental injustices. Because of restrictions on what political campaigning charities can do, it’s a limited company.
Please contact us if you would like more information.
We work with a number of trusts and foundations based in the UK to deliver transformational projects to help make the world a more green and peaceful place.
Amongst the projects they funded are:
- Supporting small-scale fishermen (NUTFA) to have a stronger voice and secure better rights
- Raising awareness of the causes of rainforest destruction in Indonesia and helping companies to put in place ground-breaking sustainability codes of practise